How to Sell Goods and Services Online
How to Sell Online
Selling online is a cost effective way of accessing new markets and customers locally and internationally. Selling online allows you to take advantage of economies of scale in your processes; from ordering to marketing, logistics to listing. Online technologies have also brought a revolution in martketplaces, allowing consumers with relevant goods and services to connect with potential buyers and sell online. This includes everything from selling used cars and other property to freelancing jobs.
Selling online, however, does not come without its risks. The number one risk sellers face is chargebacks. Chargebacks refer to the buyer claiming there was an issue with their order, whether it be that they did not receive the goods or it was not as described, charge backs are a constant risk to your cash flow.
In addition to chargebacks, potential buyers may express interest in purchasing your goods or services only to back out at the last minute. If you have taken action to deliver the goods or services, this could lead you to be out of pocket with nothing to show for your efforts.
International selling can also be a headache. Buyers overseas may have different banking and finance requirements and different cultural and social norms. This could lead to many of your trasactions falling through at the payment stage because of lack of support for the local way.
What can you do to protect your sale?
Luckily there are a number of steps you can take which can help you protect yourself and your money when selling online.
International selling has improved over the last decade and in particular, in the last 3 years. Online money remittance technologies have vastly improved and settlement periods have continued to reduce meaning it has become easier and easier to receive payment online. Using a reputable payments service can reduce risk as many provide additional security checks in addition to money services.
Using an audited, bonded escrow service eliminates chargebacks and fraud from all your transactions. This is because in an escrow transaction, the buyer pays the balance up front and it is held in an escrow account. When the buyer receives the goods, they have an opportunity to inspect the goods, and if they are satisfied, the funds are released to the seller directly and there is no further opportunity for chargebacks.
Escrow.com is the worlds largest provider of online escrow services. Our 5 easy steps stop fraud in its tracks. Escrow.com protects buyers by only releasing the funds to the seller if what you receive is exactly what you paid for. If it is not, ship it back to the seller and you will get a full refund.
How to use Escrow.com to Sell Goods and Services Online
- You and the buyer agree to terms - Either you or the buyer can start a transaction. All parties have an opportunity to agree on the terms of the transaction including shipping fees and inspection periods.
- The buyer pays Escrow.com - Now that you have created your transaction, the buyer will be instructed to pay the balance. Once Escrow.com verifies the payment, we will put your funds in our escrow account and notify you it is safe to ship the goods or deliver the service.
- You ship the merchandise or provide the service to the buyer - Now that the funds are in our escrow account, we notify you to deliver the goods or services as per the agreed terms of the escrow transaction. If shipping is required, we ask that you provide the tracking information to us so we can verify when the buyer receives the goods and release your funds.
- The buyer accepts the goods or services - When the buyer receives the goods or services, they have an amount of days equal to the agreed upon inspection period to ensure everything is as described. We will hold the funds in our escrow acocunt until the buyer accepts the goods or the inspection period ends
- Escrow.com pays the Seller - We release the funds to you from our escrow account.
If you are looking to sell online, you can rest safe in the knowledge that Escrow.com is one of the most trusted and secure escrow services across the globe.
What Can I Sell Using Escrow.com?
Sell Watches Online
Many types of watches can be sold online - with luxury watches being highly sought after on many online marketplaces. Both new, used and antique watches are sold on marketplaces such as eBay as well as independent boutique watch stores. Mens, Womens or Unisex watches can reach very high prices - all which should be secured with an escrow service such as Escrow.com
Sell Cars Online
Many types of motor vehicles can be sold online - cars, trucks, SUV as well as heavy vehicles. Both new, used vehicles are bought and sold on marketplaces such as eBay, Craigslist and AutoTrader. Securing these online transactions is essential to ensure there are no chargebacks, fraud, or misdescribed vehicles.
Sell Jewelry Online
Jewelry can make an outfit look great, emphasize beauty and dazzle admirers. Selling jewelry online can allow you to score discount prices on top end models, but buyers beware, counterfeit and fake jewerly is easily created and distributed online from seemingly legitimate merchants. Always use Escrow.com and stipulate in the inspection period professional appraisal before accepting the goods.
Sell Domain Names Online
Domain names are a valuable asset - however without Escrow it is very difficult to safely but domain names online. You don't know the seller, where they are or if they will actually follow through with the transaction. With Escrow.com you can ensure that you have control of the domain name before any funds are released to the seller.
Sell Almost Anything Online
Escrow.com can be used for almost any online transaction.
- Agricultural machinery
- Building materials
- Selling Wholesale Internationally
- Camping gear
- Classic Cars
- Custom car parts
- Designer furniture
- Designer lighting
- Factory machinery
- Fishing gear
- Golf clubs
- Gym equipment
- Hiking gear
- Home appliances
- Musical Instruments
- Recreation vehicles
- Skiing equipment
- Snowboarding equipment
- Tablets & Ebooks