How to buy and sell domains online
Learn how to buy and sell domains and websites online securely using Escrow.com in 5 easy steps
Domain name transactions using Escrow.com are quick and secure.
When buying or selling a domain online, using a licensed and bonded escrow service will reduce the risk for both the buyer and the seller. Escrow.com guarantees the seller gets paid and the buyer gets their domain, with a simple, stress-free process.
5 easy steps for buying and selling domains online
- The Buyer and Seller agree to terms - After registering at Escrow.com, both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes the domain name(s) and sale price.
- The Buyer pays Escrow.com - The Buyer submits a payment to Escrow.com for the amount agreed to in the escrow agreement. Once Escrow.com verifies and secures the payment, the seller is instructed to transfer the domain name.
- The domain name is transferred from seller to buyer - The seller transfers the domain name to the buyer and indicates to Escrow.com that they have transferred the domain. You can use our domain name concierge service and we will take care of organising this step for you, or read our guide on transferring domains.
- The Buyer accepts the domain name - When the buyer indicates they have possession of the domain or Escrow.com confirms receipt through WHO.IS, the inspection period begins. If the terms of the escrow agreement are met, the buyer accepts the domain on Escrow.com.
- The Seller is paid by Escrow.com - When Escrow.com can verify the domain has been transferred to the Buyer or the inspection period has ended, Escrow.com releases the funds to the Seller from the escrow account.
For more information about transferring domain names between accounts and between registrars, check out our How-To Guide