How long does the escrow process take?
While most transactions are completed within 1 to 20 business days, transaction timelines are still unique to each transaction and depend on the steps below. You can estimate the timeline of your transaction below:
- Account Creation and Verification: Account creation is quick and simple. You simply fill out the required fields on Escrow.com. However, for transactions over $3,000, all users of the transaction will need to complete an individual or company account verification. Once uploaded, your verification documents will take up to one business day for Escrow.com to review. To view a list of acceptable documents for personal verification click here, or acceptable documents for a company’s verification click here.
- Buyer's Payment Method: Buyers may pay for their transactions via wire, credit card, or PayPal. For Buyers with accounts in the United States, they may also pay via ACH. Wire payments are processed within 1 - 5 business days. PayPal and credit card payments are processed within one business day. Payments received during the weekend are processed on the following business day. For more information on the payment options, click here.
- Delivery time: Delivery from Seller to Buyer depends on the delivery method, and whether Buyer and Seller are transacting digital goods, physical goods, or services. Escrow.com requires all trackable and tangible merchandise be sent via a shipping method that allows online tracking and insurance.
- Inspection Period: The Buyers and Sellers select the Inspection Period, which is between 1 - 30 days.
- Disbursement Method: Sellers can receive funds via domestic or international wire transfer or domestic ACH payments. Domestic wires are generally received within 1 business day, international wires within 3 - 5 business days, and ACH payments are generally received within 3 business days. Sellers receiving disbursements valued in excess of $500,000 USD are required to receive funds via wire transfer.
- Additional Services: Timelines for Milestone Transactions, Domain Name Holding Transactions, and Vehicle Services Transactions with title or lienholder services may be longer as a result of additional rendered services.
If your transaction takes longer than expected, contact our customer support department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with our support team when they are online. They can provide additional information or guidance as to the cause of any delay.