Escrow.com is a reputed third-party entity that facilitates secure transactions when you wish to buy or sell domains with GoDaddy. Being able to handle the financial aspect of the sale or purchase of a domain through Escrow.com adds another level of security to the transaction. This is of benefit to buyer and seller so that you get what you pay for and payment is ensured to the seller before transfer of the domain to the new owner.
With more than 61 million domain names under its management as of 2016, GoDaddy is considered to be one of the largest domain registrars today. Starting off as an online marketplace for buying and selling domain names at a reasonable price, GoDaddy has built up its repertoire over the years and now offers a suite of online services.
In addition to domain transactions, some of the other services they provide ranges from web hosting, web security and cloud servers to online marketing and email marketing.
GoDaddy has left no stone unturned to make their site easy to use, whether you are looking to buy domain names, hosting or any other service. Their award-winning 24/7 support is second to none and all services are backed by a 30-day money back guarantee so you have nothing to worry about.
Here’s how it works when you are buying any large ticket item on GoDaddy:
- Terms and Agreements: The buyer and seller must agree on a price and the terms of the transaction. The seller could be GoDaddy or an independent vendor capitalizing on the aftermarket.
- Escrow.com is used to facilitate payment: After the buyer confirms intent to buy a specific domain name on GoDaddy and if Escrow.com is selected as the preferred payment gateway, the buyer is sent a message by Escrow.com with details on how to proceed.
- Deposit is made by the buyer: The buyer pays the money over into a non-interest bearing account and Escrow.com verifies that the payment has been received.
- Funds are kept securely till the transaction is completed: Once the payment has been verified by Escrow.com, which can take a few days depending on payment method used, the account will show a status of “Buyer's funds secured by Escrow.com”.
- Merchandise is delivered: Following payment verification, Escrow.com will inform the seller to initiate the account change in the buyer’s name.
- Funds are released: Once the buyer receives the merchandise, whether it is a domain name, web hosting, security or email, the buyer contacts Escrow.com who will release the funds to the seller, less the processing fees.
Escrow.com is one of the most trusted escrow services online. If you are looking to buy or sell one or many domain names through GoDaddy or you want to purchase a high-ticket premium domain name, you can secure your transaction by using Escrow.com as an intermediary.
Visit Escrow.com today to see how they can make this transaction easier, faster and more reliable for you.