Buying and selling a wedding ring can be a sentimental process and ensuring the safety of your goods and funds is essential if you’re looking to sell your ring to a buyer from across the country or even across the world.
Whether you are looking for a wedding band, a diamond set or even titanium, buying your wedding ring safely is one of the most important transactions you will arrange in the lead up to your wedding.
When you’re planning a wedding there are plenty of expenses for your big day. Apart from your photos, the wedding ring is the one thing you will see every day and is something brides and grooms traditionally spend lots of time in the selection process.
Once you've found the perfect wedding ring, purchasing and arranging delivery can be both exciting and daunting as your precious wedding rings are shipped from the seller's location.
If you’re new to the wedding ring marketing - let’s face it, most of us are - you’re going to want to do a bit of research to understand the stone, setting, cut, clarity, and carat you are looking for in a wedding ring.
Massive cost savings can be made from purchasing a wedding ring online, bypassing expensive jewelry shops and diamond dealers, saving you money and allowing you to get more value for your wedding ring investment.
Whether you choose, yellow gold, white gold, titanium or platinum, finding the perfect wedding ring will take time, so ask lots of questions and ensure you are confident with your purchase before agreeing to the sale.
To ensure the safety of your online wedding ring sale purchase, we’ve outlined some important tips to consider:
- Always check the cut, clarity, shape, carat weight, color and certification of any diamonds or stones ahead of purchasing your wedding ring, if you are purchasing online the seller should be able to provide certification documents to support the sale.
- Engage an escrow service such as Escrow.com to manage the transaction side of things – so you can have the piece of mind that your wedding rings are in good hands during the shipping and handling phase of the transaction.
- Agree to a price and stipulate the shipping conditions.
- Once the wedding ring is received, arrange to have your ring checked by a professional jeweler to ensure the ‘Four C’s’ are as you have agreed with the buyer.
- If your jeweler confirms that the wedding ring is as described and passes all of their tests, you can release your funds and be dazzled by your stunning wedding ring.
Buying a wedding ring need not be a stressful or overwhelming experience, using a third party such as Escrow.com during the transaction phase can help you buy and sell with ease.
For more information, visit Escrow.com to discover how simple and safe buying and selling wedding rings can be.