Why is there a delay in my payment?
Payments can be delayed for multiple reasons, which include verification delays, bank delays, or inaccurate customer information (e.g. incorrect bank account numbers).
Buyer Payment Delays
If your payment has not been processed by Escrow.com within the timelines below, please reach out to our customer service department at email@example.com. Please note: Escrow.com accepts payments from Buyers via wire, PayPal, and credit card, but ACH payments from Buyers are not accepted.
- Wire payments are received within 1 - 5 business days, depending on whether they are domestic or international wires. If payment is received during the weekend or over a holiday, they are processed by Escrow.com the following business day.
- PayPal and credit card payments are received immediately and processed within one business day. If payments are received over the weekend or during a holiday, they are processed the following business day.
Common causes for delays:
- Incorrect details on wires sent to Escrow.com. If this happens, reach out to your bank immediately to recall your wire.
- Transaction ID is missing from wire details. If you did not include the transaction ID on your wire, please reach out to Escrow.com immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name on the wire does not match the Buyer’s name on the transaction. If you have sent a wire to Escrow.com from an individual or company which differs from the individual or company on your transaction, please reach out to Escrow.com at email@example.com.
- ACH payments sent to Escrow.com. Escrow.com does not accept ACH payments from Buyers. If you have sent an ACH to Escrow.com, the ACH will automatically be returned, which may take several business days to complete.
- Missing information on transactions
- One of the parties on a transaction needing to complete their profile.
Seller Disbursement Delays
If your payment has not been received within the above timeframes, please reach out to our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sellers may receive their funds via domestic or international wires or ACH payments. Domestic wires typically take 1 - 2 business days. International wires typically take 3 - 5 business to be received by the Seller after the transaction closes. ACH payments are generally received by Buyers in 1 - 2 business days after the transaction closes.
Common reasons for a delay in receiving a wire or ACH:
- Incorrect bank details: Frequently, wire or ACH delays are caused by minor errors in routing or account numbers. You can check the account details on your Escrow.com profile, and if you see an error,, please reach out to Escrow.com immediately at email@example.com.
- Incorrect beneficiary details: Many banks require the address for a wire or ACH must match the address on your bank profile. If the address you provided Escrow.com differs from the address on your bank profile, many banks will reject the payment, and a payment rejection may take a week or more to process. If you see that the address on your Escrow.com profile differs from the address on your bank account, please reach out to Escrow.com immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and your bank’s customer service.
- Intermediary banks: If wires from the United States to your bank require an intermediary bank, the intermediary bank must be included in your disbursement details. If an intermediary bank is not included, the wire will be returned to Escrow.com, and this return process may take a week or more. If you discover that international wires to your bank require an intermediary bank, but you have not provided that intermediary bank’s information to Escrow.com on your profile, please reach out to Escrow.com immediately at email@example.com.