How to Buy and Sell Mask Making Machines
With the world in the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a shortage of face masks and respirators. Medical professions are quickly running out of personal protective equipment (PPE) for their staff. And face masks are hard for the public to source and buy. So there is a surge in demand for vital PPE.
Even though worldwide manufacturers have doubled production, they do not have the capacity to meet demand. Reputable manufacturer 3M is on track to produce more than 4.5 billion N95 respirator masks by the end of the year. They along with others such as Honeywell, Medicom, and a few others, are working at full capacity. But they cannot supply the world’s needs on their own. New manufacturers across the world are setting up operations to start making medical masks.
Mask Making Machines
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends that Americans wear face masks when they leave home though it is not mandatory. This is further increasing the shortage of face masks.
Mask making machines are in high demand. Manufacturers in all corners of the globe are setting up facilities to help relieve the mask shortage. Sourcing and buying mask making machines is a challenge as scammers are making it difficult. But the world needs more good quality masks manufactured to protect health workers and the general public.
The type of mask-making machine you want to buy depends on your target market.
N95 respirators are vital for healthcare workers to protect them as they look after people affected by COVID-19. And they are in short supply with hundreds of thousands of faulty masks sent to Europe and Australia.
Surgical masks are just as important but while the target is healthcare workers, they are also in high demand by members of the public.
The challenge for new mask manufacturers is buying machinery guaranteed to arrive and to work. Unless the machines are already built there can be up to a 30-day lead time but some mask making machine manufacturers can halve this for an extra cost. And it takes 3 or 4 days air freight to arrive once sent. A 3-ply mask making machine for immediate supply costs $120,000 USD and can produce 120 masks per minute.
Melt Blown Fabric
Due to high demand, there may be a shortage of the melt blown fabric which is the inner layer in 3-ply masks. The solution is to make the fabric using PP pellets fed into a machine to produce the material.
Melt blown fabric machines have a lead time of up to 16 or 30 days from ordering. A machine that makes:
- 120 kg of material a day costs $62,500 US for 14 – 16 day delivery or $55,000 US ready for delivery in 30 days.
- 240 kg of material a day costs $105,000 for 14 – 16 day delivery and $90,000 US ready for delivery in 30 days.
Manufacturers are investing huge amounts of money so buying poor quality equipment is a risk. The use of Escrow services can remove the risk from high-value transactions from anywhere in the world.
There are many websites selling industrial mask-making machinery including:
- KP Tech Machine (India) Private Limited who are a leading manufacturer of machinery that can produce many types of face masks.
- Alibaba.com lists thousands of mask making machines. But make sure you do your diligence when choosing a company to buy your equipment from.
- Testex makes medical mask making machines suitable for automated production lines.
Anyone with a sewing machine can make masks from home to reinforce manufacturers’ efforts. While these are not as effective as the medical-grade masks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued guidelines and a pattern for making homemade masks.
If you do not have a sewing machine, you can buy them either new or used online from websites such as eBay. How much sewing machine costs depends on your budget. They range from $100 upwards.
Be wary of who you are buying from and use escrow to protect the transaction. This guarantees the product will arrive. And you have a few days to check the product works before authorizing Escrow.com to release payment to the Seller.
Buying Mask Making Machines
Use Escrow.com to buy mask making machines from anywhere in the world. An escrow service protects you from scammers who may have nothing to sell or send faulty equipment.
Escrow.com is an inexpensive service Buyers and Sellers can use to ship goods. Both parties agree on delivery terms so the Buyer can check them over to make sure they work as promised. Once the Buyer is happy with the goods, Escrow.com releases payment to the Seller. But beware, any Seller who refuses to give you time to check the goods or wants payment before they send them is a massive red flag. Walk away. Do not deal with them.
Scammers are popping up all over the world. They are trying to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic. Some send substandard goods or not at all after receiving payment. Escrow.com protects Buyers and Sellers from scammers.
Benefits for Buyers
Every Buyer gets a smooth, easy online transaction with a fully licensed escrow service We ensure that the Buyer will receive their machine as described. The funds are securely held in trust until the transfer is complete, which minimizes the risk and protects the Buyer from fraudulent users. Escrow.com allows the Buyer the opportunity to inspect the merchandise purchased before we release the funds to the Seller.
The benefits of using escrow to buy mask making machines include:
- Offering a simplified sales process.
- Reducing the risk of buying from an unknown source.
- A low-cost solution that is cheaper than other popular payment methods.
- Protecting both parties while shipping the goods.
Selling Mask Making Machines
Selling expensive mask making machines is risky business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Scammers may pose as Buyers to get their hands on expensive machines to only not pay you once you ship the goods. Asking for payment upfront may not work and lose you a sale. Buyers are suspicious of paying for goods before receiving them as the rate of scams escalates across the world.
Benefits for Sellers
Use Escrow.com, a trusted third-party, for completing financial transactions. It protects Sellers and Buyers from making remote sales. Escrow.com verifies the Buyer’s payment, which protects the Seller from fraudulent users. We ensure Sellers receive their funds if they deliver the machine purchased to the Buyer. All shipments are tracked to ensure the Seller shipped and the Buyer received the merchandise. The Seller is also protected from unexpected chargebacks.
Escrow.com Five-Step Process
Use Escrow.com to make and accept safe payment online. This protects both Buyers and Sellers using a simple five-step process:
- Agree on payment terms. Both parties join Escrow.com and agree to the terms of the sale. And either party can initiate the transaction.
- The Buyer deposits payment. The Buyer deposits payment using an approved method into a secure escrow account. The terms of sale are also recorded as a formal agreement between both parties. Escrow.com verifies the payment and notifies the Seller when payment is securely held in escrow.
- The Seller sends the equipment. With funds securely in escrow, the Seller sends the equipment to the Buyer and adds tracking information to the account. Escrow.com verifies the receipt of the equipment by the Buyer.
- The Buyer accepts the equipment. The Buyer accepts delivery of the equipment and has a set number of days to accept or reject the shipment. This gives them the opportunity to inspect the machines to operate correctly.
- The Seller receives payment. When the Buyer accepts the shipment, they authorize Escrow.com to release payment to the Seller.
Do not hesitate to contact us when you have any questions about shipping or buying mask making machines. Our experienced customer service personnel are here to help. Either call us, send an email to “email@example.com,” or contact chat support when they are online.