How to transfer a domain out of your NameCheap account using Change Ownership
To transfer a domain from your NameCheap account to another NameCheap account, you will need to perform a Change Ownership. This moves ownership of the domain name from one NameCheap account to another. Make sure you only do so after you have been instructed to do so by Escrow.com, when the funds are secured in our Escrow.com.
If the buyer is receiving the domain into an account held in a different registrar, you will need to perform a domain transfer using an Authorization Code instead. Check out our guide to find out how to initiate an Authorization Code domain transfer from your Namecheap account.
Before you get started, the buyer will need to supply you with their email address. This is required for you to specify the target Namecheap account when you initiate the Change Ownership.
How to initiate an Change Ownership Transfer
- Log in to your NameCheap account
- On the Dashboard tab in the sidnav, click the Manage button for the domain you wish to transfer.
- Select the Sharing & Transfer tab
- In the Change Ownership section, enter the email of the buyer
- To confirm the transfer, reenter your account password and then click Change
- You will receive confirmation that the domain ownership change has been initiated
The buyer will receive an email from NameCheap with instructions on how to accept the Change Ownership into their account. Once they complete the steps in the email or in our Guide, you will receive an email from NameCheap confirming that the domain has been transferred.