Identity Verification - Australia
Escrow.com’s Know Your Customer (KYC) program ensures the safety of all transactions by confirming customer identity through documentation collection. This helps prevent fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Similar to the identity process you go through when opening a bank account, identity verification is a requirement that ensures safe and secure online transactions for all users.
How do I verify my identity on Escrow.com?
You can verify your identity on Escrow.com by visiting the Verify Your Identity page. On this page you must confirm your personal details and address. Then you must upload a valid Proof of Identity and a proof of address document such as a recent utility bill or bank statement. This could be the same document such as a government ID if it can prove your identity and address.
If you wish to verify the identity on a company account, you must provide the above documents in addition to proof of company registration. Click here for more details.
Acceptable Proof of Identity documents:
To verify yourself, provide one photographic proof of identity from the list of acceptable documents below. If your photographic proof of identity does not contain an address, you may be required to provide a proof of address.
- Australian or foreign passport
- Australian driver's license (front and back of card)
- Proof of age card issued by an Australian State or Territory
- Other Australian or foreign IDs - as long as it is government-issued and has your name, photo, date of birth, signature and its date of issue.
If you cannot provide the above, you will need to provide one non-photographic proof of identity and one proof of address from the list of acceptable documents below.
Non-photographic proofs of identity:
- Australian or foreign birth certificate
- Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
- Pension card issued by Department of Human Services
- Health card issued by Department of Human Services
Proof of address:
- Bank Statement (issued within the last three months)
- Utility bill (issued within the last three months)
- Income tax assessment notice from the ATO (issued within the last twelve months)
- Signed and executed tenancy/lease agreement (must not be cancelled or expired)
- Documents such as passports and licenses should not be expired.
- Document details must not be handwritten.
- Documents must not be altered or edited in any way.
- If the IDs or documents are in your local language or translation, please have them English-translated and notarized before submitting
- Documents should be a colored image scan or colored digital photo with a high-quality resolution. Photocopies and black and white scans/photos are not acceptable.
- Do not crop, adjust image colors, or alter the file in any way.
- Image dimensions must be at least 500 x 300 pixels (minimum).
- If you are submitting an ID card, submit its front and back parts.
- Files must be in the format JPEG, PNG, GIF or PDF, and by less than 100MB in size.
- If you are submitting a document which is an e-bill or e-bank statement, the PDF copy should not be password-protected.
- Submission of fake, or altered documents will result in account closure and may lead to legal actions.
How long does my account take to become verified?
Once you have confirmed your personal details and submitted your documents, our team will review your submission within 2 business days and notify you of the outcome by email. If your submission does not meet the requirements, you will receive instructions by email to resubmit.