Your wedding dress is one of the most important purchases of your wedding planning and buying a dress online can provide huge cost savings for the wedding budget.
The average wedding dress can cost between $1500 to $2000 with some dresses costing a staggering $10,000. Even if you are aiming to create the perfect wedding day, there are plenty of areas where you can save, and one of them is buying a pre-owned or online wedding dress.
There are plenty of reputable websites that buy and sell wedding dresses including new, pre-loved and wedding dresses that are last season’s designs.
Whether you’re looking for a Vera Wang, Monique Lhullier or an Oscar de la Renta, you’re sure to find discounted wedding gowns if you do a quick search online. Usually, wedding dresses purchased online may need some alterations. However, the savings for your online purchase will far outweigh any alteration costs.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling your wedding dress online, ensuring you have the highest level of security and protection during the payment and shipping of your bridal gown offers brides the peace of mind that the dress will arrive in pristine condition ready for the big day.
If you’ve found the perfect gown and you’re wondering how to pay securely, ship and receive the dress, the answer is Escrow.com.
An escrow service tracks the shipped bridal gown every step of the way so you can rest assured that your gown will be shipped and received safely and securely without delay.
Escrow.com protects both parties in the wedding dress transaction; steps for buying and selling a wedding dress with Escrow.com are as follows:
- Buyer and seller agree to price and the conditions
- Buyer and seller set up a transaction on Escrow
- Once the transaction agreement is drawn up and arranged, the dress is packed and shipped to the buyer
- The buyer receives the dress and can take it to a dressmaker to confirm the details and workmanship is the same quality as detailed in the advertisement or listing
- Once the buyer is 100% happy, the funds are released to the seller
- If the buyer is not 100% happy, the dress is shipped back, and the transaction is cancelled
If you know your measurements (hip, waist, bust, bra size), you can easily find the perfect wedding dress online and save plenty of your wedding budget.
There are always scammers online, so consider the following tips to avoid any issues:
- Ask for several photos of the individual in the gown if possible – not just images from a website or designer’s catalogue
- Request a copy of the original receipt
- Be wary of low prices, know the value of the designer dress you are looking to buy if it is too cheap it is probably too good to be true
- Only use a safe escrow service for the transaction, find out more at Escrow.com
For more information visit Escrow.com to find out more about how to arrange a safe and secure transaction for your next luxury watch purchase.