Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars.
Our site is designed to give you more control of the buying process and make finding a vehicle easier than ever before.Not sure which type of car you want? Our Lifestyle Centers allow you to locate vehicles that meet your needs and compare them side by side.
How We Work Together
- Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms - The seller creates the transaction by clicking through to the site from AutoTrader.com. This click through provides a special bundled package at a great discounted rate. The seller registers and fills in transaction terms such as the year, make, model, price, VIN, inspection period, and who pays the escrow fee. The buyer is invited to register and agree to the transaction at Escrow.com. Once the buyer agrees, they are prompted to make payment.
- The Buyer Pays Escrow.com - The Buyer submits payment by selecting wire transfer and requesting their bank wire the funds to Escrow.com. Buyer's can call Escrow.com at 888-511-8600 with any questions. Once payment is verified, the title insurance is ordered and provided to the buyer. The seller is contacted to confirm and collect title and/or lien payoff information.
- The Seller Ships or Delivers the Vehicle - Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship or deliver the vehicle. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the vehicle.
- Buyer Inspects and Accepts - The Buyer has a set number of days to inspect the vehicle and the option to accept or reject the vehicle. For more information, FAQs - Return Questions.
- The Seller is Paid by Escrow.com - Escrow.com pays the lien holder if applicable and any balance is sent to the Seller by ACH or wire transfer. If the title is being held in escrow, the title is sent via courier to the buyer. The transaction is complete.